I am gathering stories to include in my book that will focus on “Christ like Service”. If you would like to participate in this wonderful contest opportunity, please email me with your stories of Christ like service that:1. Has been given to you
2. Has been given to someone you know
3. You have observed
4. You have been a part of
5. Or that has been a group project
Here are the details:
· Stories should be no longer than 800 - 1000 words. (If you must go longer, be sure to total up the word count and submit it along with your story.)
· Provide as much story detail as possible, helping those who will eventually be reading to have their own hearts touched by your experience.
· You may include names of those involved in this service, or you may request for them to remain anonymous, in which case you can change the names or I will.
· The stories MUST BE TRUE, and have actually happened. (document with dates that your story happened if possible)
· Stories can be in the past, or present, and you can go way back to your ancestors if you wish, however your stories must not have ever been published before in a book, magazine, or periodical of any sort.
· Stories can be shared about being neighborly, aiding the sick or infirm, providing meals, groceries or other needs for someone, kind acts, service that were passed on, helping a friend, lifting spirits of someone through kindness, or just about any other kind of service you can think of. Whatever comes to your mind, that you feel is worthy of sharing, please do.
· If you have photos of the service given, please include them. If you did not take photos at the time and could take some after the fact, please include those as well. Attach photos to the email.
Please be sure to include on your story and email the following:
· Your full name
· Your complete mailing address & zip code
· Email address
· Phone number (in case I need to contact you for further information about your submission)
On the Subject line of your email type in: "Service Contest"
FYI: I will not give out your name, address, phone, etc., to anyone, but I will need it if I need to contact you about including your story in my book, as well as sending you a release and permissions form to use your story and or photos. I will also need your address so I can mail you a copy of the book if I include your story. No one but me will have access to your information.
All those whose stories are selected for use in my book will win a free copy of the book when it is completed and published. Your name will also be included as the contributor, and possibly a photo, so you too will be famous and published. (As you know this may take up to a year or longer, so if your story is selected, please be patient remembering it takes time.) If your story is selected, you will be contacted by me within 6 months.)
These stories do not have to be LDS oriented only, but the book market will focus on Christian readership.
Thanks so much for your time and interest in this wonderful project and contest which will run until midnight, April 1, 2013 . I would like entrants worldwide, and this is why I am announcing it on my blog. I have lots of blog readers from everywhere in the world, and hope to receive email submissions from most of you. Please pass on the link to this contest to your friends and family, or any who you know has a story to tell.
I look forward to your emails, and I wish you the best of luck, as well as enjoyment while you sort through your memory for stories of Christlike Service.