This is a blog filled with wonderful surprises that I am giving to you ... FOR FREE, just to help you get your Visiting Teaching done each month. It's a present for you every single month! Make sure to check out my other blog too at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com for other Great Visiting Teaching and Relief Society oriented ideas!







Sunday, October 3, 2010

Two Printable Note Cards

"You are Loved" and "Thank-you" cards by Katie G.
I had occasion to need some greeting cards to give to some people this week.  I thought that I would share them with you as well.  Print them off on a white sheet of card stock.  You will get two cards per one 8 x 10 and when you cut them in half, where the white space is between them, they will fit into a note card size envelop.  I buy my note card envelopes from Office Max or Office Depot, but I have seen them from time to time at Walmart.  The top card I am giving to a friend who has had a death in her family, but you could use it just to let those sisters you visit, know that they are loved. 

My sister who lives in another state sends a card faithfully to a sister that she was asked to Visit teach years ago.  This woman, does not want Visiting or Home teachers, but she was still assigned to my sister.  I admire my sister Becky who has for years, sent a letter or card and message to this sister every single month.  We spoke of it once over the phone and Becky said, "I will never know if keeping in contact with this sister in this way will ever impact her or get her back into activity in the church, but she will know that there is someone who cares for her."  Becky went on to say, "I don't know if she even reads my letters or cards, or just throws them in the garbage when they arrive."

The bottom card is a thank-you card that I was sending to the woman who hosted our Young Women's Alice in Wonderland tea party.  It turned out so lovely and this woman spent so much time in decorating, setting up, cooking and on.  I wanted to send her a customized card and you will notice that the image on the card is a public domain image from one of the illustrated versions of Alice in Wonderland.  I thought it was perfect, but the card is perfect for a Thank-you for anyone.

I hope you enjoy this printable.  Please comment below if you use it as I do like to feel like my efforts are appreciated.  Share the Love!  Katie G.

No comments:

You know what they say about old friends and antiques? They grow more valuable with time.

Glad that you dropped by my blog!

This blog and it's contents go hand in hand with my Visiting Teaching Tips and handouts blog found at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com/ If you by accident get to this blog first, make sure to go back to the other one and see all that there is for you there. This is sort of my overflow or stroage blog because I can't keep everything there, so I add my creations to this storage unit and that is my Visiting Teaching Surprise for you. Sometimes however, I do put in things that I think you would enjoy even if they aren't specifically related to Visiting Teaching, but my vision in life is that if I take all the time to make things, I may as well share them and get more use out of them. Sorta like hand me downs but brand new "Down loads". I hope you enjoy these freebies. Drop me a note to say hello in the comments under the downloads posts.