This is a blog filled with wonderful surprises that I am giving to you ... FOR FREE, just to help you get your Visiting Teaching done each month. It's a present for you every single month! Make sure to check out my other blog too at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com for other Great Visiting Teaching and Relief Society oriented ideas!







Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Visiting Teaching Message handout for August 2012


I made this cute handout to go with this particular lesson.  The image is of Florence Nightengale, and if you want to see how it ties in, then go to my other blog http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com and you will find out.  Also on that blog, I list the link to the LDS.org message in it's entirety. 

To go with this, I thought since Florence Nightengale was a nurse, that I needed to come up with a Prescription for Visiting Teaching.  So here you go... a couple of perscriptions ready to go, and a couple not filled in yet. 

 With these you could take an empty jar filled with M&M's and add to the Persctiption to take a handfull daily, or write in the perscription area something like...." Eat more chocolate... they say it is good for you!" or something like that.  Also you could give something healthy and say... "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" or some other piece of sage wisdom you might want to impart.


I was also thinking that if you got a pill box or a compartmental container you could fill each little section up with different kinds of candies.  The perscription could read:  Try one of each daily to determine which one has the best effect on you, then eat all of them!  

 In the mean time, I came accross some absolutely darling little gifts that you can give, at this site.  They are low cost, fun messages, that would be fun to give.  They are meant for Christmas gifts for neighbors, but I think most of them could be given anytime to anybody.  Very cute and the blog is great too.  http://www.brownpaper--packages.com/2010/12/31-cheesy-but-darling-neighbor-gift.html

Another cute idea I thought of was to fill a pint jar with uplifting quotes that can be called 'A quote a day keeps the blues away" or something like that.  Put a soft lid on it and tie a ribbon around it.  Sorry, I don't have time to make a label but if you go to this site, you can print a ready made one off to go on the jar then personalize it.
http://familyfun.go.com/printables/printable-stickers/printable-sticker-labels/cool-container-labels-for-organizing-703020/
or here: http://cyrusjoel.szm.com/printable-labels.html
or here: http://www.flickriver.com/groups/printablestationery/pool/interesting/

Enjoy, Katie G

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent ideas!!! You are awesome!!

You know what they say about old friends and antiques? They grow more valuable with time.

Glad that you dropped by my blog!

This blog and it's contents go hand in hand with my Visiting Teaching Tips and handouts blog found at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com/ If you by accident get to this blog first, make sure to go back to the other one and see all that there is for you there. This is sort of my overflow or stroage blog because I can't keep everything there, so I add my creations to this storage unit and that is my Visiting Teaching Surprise for you. Sometimes however, I do put in things that I think you would enjoy even if they aren't specifically related to Visiting Teaching, but my vision in life is that if I take all the time to make things, I may as well share them and get more use out of them. Sorta like hand me downs but brand new "Down loads". I hope you enjoy these freebies. Drop me a note to say hello in the comments under the downloads posts.