This is a blog filled with wonderful surprises that I am giving to you ... FOR FREE, just to help you get your Visiting Teaching done each month. It's a present for you every single month! Make sure to check out my other blog too at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com for other Great Visiting Teaching and Relief Society oriented ideas!







Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cute Easter Ideas

I have been so swamped with so many other things to create my own ideas for Easter, so I have found some cute ones that I wanted to pass on to you.  Darling ideas, and the links to them. 

This is the link to this darling "Carrot" filled template.  Easy to create!  http://emilyburnette.blogspot.com/   How cute would this be to take as a little Easter Visiting Teaching gift?  I think I am going to use this template for my visiting teaching.  My sisters and I are going to lunch at Olive Garden to get to know each other better.  Over lunch I will give the lesson, and then this will be a fun and cute take home for them to enjoy.  I want my sisters to feel loved.  I wrote Emily who is the author of the website that this idea was founded, and I found out she is LDS too.  Isn't it fun to find sisters throughout the world with the same goals, and efforts to serve others.  Thanks Emily!

SMORES IN A JAR can be found at this site: http://rootsandwingsco.blogspot.com/2009/03/smores-in-jar-for-easter.html   At this site, she had many ideas that are great for Easter.  I love the cute marshamallow bunnies that are being made now in different colors anf flavors.  Of course I am a Peep lover, and would probably use peeps.

Now speaking of Peeps, if you go back into my archives you can find all kinds of great ideas to use Peeps with.  Click on this link  http://visitingteachingsurprise.blogspot.com/search/label/Easter  and it brings up all my Easter and Sprintime ideas. 

Now lookie what I found.... Templates to make Easter Baskets.  The first one is created by "Tracy" and she use to design for Digichick, but I can't find a link to her.  The second one can be found at http://kelleighratzlaff.com/headline/the-easter-basket-template-set-and-cutting-files/ She has a template and other darling baskets that she made including a Birthday basket. 

They can be made up so cute with the darling digital or other scrapbook papers that are available now.  I just suggest that you get one that is printed on cardstock so it will be more durable.  Wouldn't it be sad if you went to all that work to make such a cute basket, and it broke because the paper wasn't strong enough.  There is a solution if you find just the right print on paper..... if you use spray glue and glue it to a piece of cardstock, then it would be heavy enough to use for an Easter basket.  Here is one freebie template link http://guidinguk.freeservers.com/Easter-basket.html and another one that is pictured next comes from
http://jannekesmit.blogspot.com/2010/04/free-easter-basket-template.html  Jannie who is the designer at this site, encourages you to make up her template and then take a photo of how it turned out and send it to her.  That would be a nice way of saying Thank-you for using her template design for free.

I could go on and on with Easter ideas to give to the women you Visit Teach or to Friends, neighbors, your own children, parents, or whomever, but my time is gone and I need to clean my house, lest my husband return and say... "Did a tornado go through today?"  Just kidding, he is really patient with me as he knows my love for creating cute things, but I do need to stop now.  Hope you enjoy these ideas and if you have a cute one and would like to share.... please let me know.  My email is listed on the right column of this blog.  Happy Easter!  Katie G.

No comments:

You know what they say about old friends and antiques? They grow more valuable with time.

Glad that you dropped by my blog!

This blog and it's contents go hand in hand with my Visiting Teaching Tips and handouts blog found at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com/ If you by accident get to this blog first, make sure to go back to the other one and see all that there is for you there. This is sort of my overflow or stroage blog because I can't keep everything there, so I add my creations to this storage unit and that is my Visiting Teaching Surprise for you. Sometimes however, I do put in things that I think you would enjoy even if they aren't specifically related to Visiting Teaching, but my vision in life is that if I take all the time to make things, I may as well share them and get more use out of them. Sorta like hand me downs but brand new "Down loads". I hope you enjoy these freebies. Drop me a note to say hello in the comments under the downloads posts.