This is a blog filled with wonderful surprises that I am giving to you ... FOR FREE, just to help you get your Visiting Teaching done each month. It's a present for you every single month! Make sure to check out my other blog too at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com for other Great Visiting Teaching and Relief Society oriented ideas!







Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What do I use to design?

I have had so many people ask me what I use to design what I design.  I am almost embarrassed to tell you because the main program I have used is so user friendly and has been around for so many years.  I started some 20+ years ago on The Print Shop by Brodderbund.  It has had many version changes and I am not on the most recent verion of Print shop Professional.  It does everything I have ever needed however the most recent version of Print Shop Pro doesn't have the fine cropping capability, so for that and other things I also use Photoshop Elements.  Photoshop Elements has most of the things I would ever use for my scrapbooking though since I am self taught, I have to figure out how to use the different tools and capabilities that it has. 

My son who is a master Graphic Designer came over a couple weeks ago and started to show me what Photoshop Elements could do, and I was so amazed.  I need him to sit down and teach me some lessons.  I have a lot more to learn but what I do is through using a combination of the two programs, and I love it.

I have recently had a reader post that they use another program called PhotoScape, and I looked at it and it looks pretty user friendly as well.  You can download a free version of it though I don't know if there is a time limit they give to try it out.  You would have to go look at it and see for yourself.

I am pretty sure that there are many other graphic design programs out there, and if my readers would post a comment about other programs they use, then I would be able to share that will all of you.

I have people asking me to teach them how to do this, and I just get tired thinking about it because it isn't just a sit down, and teach you everything in one lesson.  It takes a long time to learn it all.  I suggest that you could sign up for lessons somewhere or there may be tutorials on line, so google it and learn how to.  Don't be afraid to try to figure things out all by yourself, because you can do it, and that is how I did it.  I must admit I have had a lot of years learning, but I am still learning, and love it. 

READERS:  Please tell us what programs you use to design your projects with.  Please comment below, and if you want a reply you will need to include your email. 

Best regards, Katie G.

No comments:

You know what they say about old friends and antiques? They grow more valuable with time.

Glad that you dropped by my blog!

This blog and it's contents go hand in hand with my Visiting Teaching Tips and handouts blog found at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com/ If you by accident get to this blog first, make sure to go back to the other one and see all that there is for you there. This is sort of my overflow or stroage blog because I can't keep everything there, so I add my creations to this storage unit and that is my Visiting Teaching Surprise for you. Sometimes however, I do put in things that I think you would enjoy even if they aren't specifically related to Visiting Teaching, but my vision in life is that if I take all the time to make things, I may as well share them and get more use out of them. Sorta like hand me downs but brand new "Down loads". I hope you enjoy these freebies. Drop me a note to say hello in the comments under the downloads posts.