This is a blog filled with wonderful surprises that I am giving to you ... FOR FREE, just to help you get your Visiting Teaching done each month. It's a present for you every single month! Make sure to check out my other blog too at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com for other Great Visiting Teaching and Relief Society oriented ideas!







Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mothers day early (2 printables)

I designed a book insert, or bookmark if that is what you would like to call it to go with the lesson on A grateful heart.... BUT... I thought it would be really cute for Mothers Day too.  The little kids on the bookmark are the early years "Campbell Soup Kids".  I think they are so very cute.  Anyway.... here it is...
I am asked all the time what program I use to create my printables and such. I am almost embarassed to say because it is one that I have used for years, though it has changed and improved. Nope, I don't use photoshop... though I do use Photoshop Elements to do some things, but I am not very good at Elements, so I use Print Shop Professional for mostly all of my graphic design.  It is limited so that is why I use Photoshop Elements and that does the rest of what the other program doesn't. 

I have a son who is amazing on Graphic Design and knows all the programs that there could ever be.  I had him sit down with me for a few minutes and asked him to show me how to do a few things using Elements.  I am a visual learner, so when he showed me what to do, I felt so empowered.  Elements really has most of all the things I would ever use for my designing, I think, and it is a fraction of the cost of Adobe Photoshop.  So... I think I will just continue to use my Print Shop Pro and keep learning more on Elements.  It is a fun hobby for me and I certainly enjoy creating!  Katie G.

P.S. I made these M&M bag toppers up originaly for my sister for a need she had, and changed the words to fit for Mothers day.  Follow the directions that are printed and they would make cute little gifts to give to your sisters on Mothers Day or for a new little Mother who has just had a baby.  Maybe there is someone you see in church that could use one of these as well, and so there are lots of applications for this little idea.  Fill the bags with colored M&M's and print on colored paper.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I totally use Print Shop too! People are always surprised at what that oldy-but-goody program can do!

You know what they say about old friends and antiques? They grow more valuable with time.

Glad that you dropped by my blog!

This blog and it's contents go hand in hand with my Visiting Teaching Tips and handouts blog found at http://visitingteachingtips.blogspot.com/ If you by accident get to this blog first, make sure to go back to the other one and see all that there is for you there. This is sort of my overflow or stroage blog because I can't keep everything there, so I add my creations to this storage unit and that is my Visiting Teaching Surprise for you. Sometimes however, I do put in things that I think you would enjoy even if they aren't specifically related to Visiting Teaching, but my vision in life is that if I take all the time to make things, I may as well share them and get more use out of them. Sorta like hand me downs but brand new "Down loads". I hope you enjoy these freebies. Drop me a note to say hello in the comments under the downloads posts.